Your network seems to work.
But what are its actual performances?
Is it really cabled and configured in a correct way<, and don’t its performances degrade over time?
Is it cabled “in a workmanlike”?
Is its maintenance simple?
Is it simple to evolve its configuration?
Are there no leakings of data?
Our service of Network Diagnostic permits you to evaluate the functionalities of your network, to indentify any malfunctions and anomalies, and, if it''s the case, to evaluate the solutions to recover the correct performance.
The word troubleshooting ("elimination of the problem") means a procedure of logic and systematic research of the causes of a problem so it can be solved and the affected product or process come back to be operative again
This is necessary in the development and maintenance of complex systems, where the symptoms of possible problems can have many different causes upstream.
Troubleshooting consists at the beginning to identify the malfunctioning and than to research its cause through a progressive elimination process of the possible known causes.
Presentation of the Audit procedure, explenation of the main cabling rules, analysis of the network topology on paper:
- Understanding of the network and grouping of the related documentation
- Analysis and detection of the functioning anomalies and related impact on the network performances
- Historian of the analysis already carried out
- Presentation of analysis and diagnostic tools
Physical layer validation
Visual control of every network segment implementation:
- Verification of cables and network topology
- Verification of number of devices per segment
- Max length of a segment, in function of the communication speed
- Minimal distance between two devices
- Used connectivity, general fixing, screw fixings
- Shield and signals continuity
- Grounding of armors
- Presence of the network terminations and bias line
Electrical signals control
- Power presence
- Measurement of electrical levels (idle, logical 0 and 1) from every device
- Reflections measurement
- CEM noises measurement
- Measurement of para-diafonia, delle attenuazioni, …
« Link » layer control
Verification of the access to every device through the network:
- Present devices, type of devices and related network address list
- Diagnostic of absence of collisions and/or illegal frames
- Measure of answer time and Time-outs
- Measure of cycle time and network traffic
Application layer control
Analysis of the type of traffic:
- Control of communication protocol compliance
- Visualization of exchanged data on network
- Visualization of diagnostic and eventual application alarms
Provision of a final report:
- Release of detected data and of measurements carried out
- Detection of any defects and analysis of the possible causes
- Suggestions for improvement or modification of the network
Our Specialistic Team perform the diagnostic of your PROFINET®, PROFIBUS®, … networks