Another medal in Genoa Fieldbus Competence Centre’s competences palmarés: new TÜV Functional Safety Engineer.
To exploit excellences and to increase certified competences also in Safety domain, Ing. Micaela CASERZA MAGRO, Genoa Fieldbus Competence Centre Technical Director, obtained prestigious qualification of “TÜV Functional Safety Engineer”, released by TÜV Rheinland GmbH following positive final exam of “TÜV Functional Safety Program” training.
This training sanction joining of high experience and knowledge in Functional Safety and familiarity with concepts and procedures described in IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 standards.
“TÜV Functional Safety Engineer” qualification allows to design and verify that safety systems in an installation and in a machine would be compliant with functional safety international standards.
This qualification sums with “Certified PROFIsafe Designers” qualifications released, since some years, by PI International to our Technicians.
As for devices used in Industrial Automation, Functional Safety requirements are ruled by technical standards and laws.
GFCC can operate as Indipendent Evaluator for Functional Safety.
Proposed services are:
Verification and Validation
- Evaluation of the quality and safety management system (Functional Safety Management)
- Quality analysis of fault modes of single components using the FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) approach
- Quantity analysis of fault modes through FTA (Fault Tree Analysis)
- Reliability and availability analysis of devices, through markovian or RBD (Reliability Block Diagram) approach
- Allocation of safety requirements trhough Risk Graph and/or LOPA
Validation and verification SIL level
For each phase of the automation system lifecycle, GFCC offers following services as Safety Indipendent Evaluator:
- Architecture safety verification
- Safety functions analysis
- Safety requirements analysis
- Evaluation of reached SIL level
- Verification of SIL/PL (Protection Level) level reached for each safety function
- Staff training, concerning Functional Safety in Industrial Automation